intro to money
From setting up your business finances to money mindset and understanding your behaviour with money, we will be covering everything you need to know in order to feel confident with both your accounts and relationship with money.
Expect new content to be added regularly.
Your business finances 101 – my 5 top tips to get you started
Looking to get your finances organised but no idea where to start? Or maybe you are planning on having a baby and want to know what tax relief you are entitled to? We cover everything in this conversation from registering your business, organising up your finances, accounting software and how to find the right accountant for you and your business.
Caroline’s top five tips:
1. Get a separate bank account for your business – why this is important and some pros and cons of some of the available bank accounts.
2. Register your business – what you need to do as a sole trader and differences for a Limited Company.
3. Get some cloud accounting software – talk a bit about FreeAgent and why I love it for my clients but also mention the others (Xero, QB and Sage).
4. Find an accountant who is a good fit – Things to consider:
5. Plan ahead – Budgeting, cashflow, how much do you need to earn, how much time will you have available to you to work?
Caroline’s three key takeaways:
1. Keep your business and personal finances separate.
2. You should trust your accountant and feel comfortable asking questions.
3. Don’t be afraid of HMRC, they aren’t so bad.
About your expert
About your expert
Find Caroline’s business here.
MORE ACADEMY SESSIONS
After two years of chaos, just as we thought things were quieting down, it seems the turbulence is back. The rising cost of living, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and political tension means we’re all on edge, wary of an impending crisis.
In a world of rising costs and a looming recession on the horizon, it is right that we are being more deliberate about where we are spending money — but more importantly — how we are making it.
Every month Egbe Manton, Founder of Manton Legal and F&F’s legal partner shares her round-up of the business grants and loans you can be taking advantage of.
In order to run a sustainable business that keeps you inspired without running the risk of burnout, you’ll need to create and implement strong boundaries.
It’s always a good idea to learn from your mistakes. It’s an even better idea to learn from the mistakes of others, so you don’t have to make them yourself first…
More tutorials you may like
70% of startups fail at a time when we need change more than ever. The good news is that a focus...
During this replay Katie covers why market research is so important and how you can use it to...
Hiring talent is so much more than just getting tasks of your never-ending to-do list. For 2 hours...